bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, Book 1) - Pittacus Lore Original Review Posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Note: Format is lost due to copy and pasting.

I think I broke a bookworm rule when I watched the movie first before reading the book. Then again, I never knew it was a book until shortly afterwards when I went to Walmart. And I think this book probably gets a personal award for being on my TBR pile the longest (because most books that get turned into a movie are read ASAP... and back then I was a much bigger reader than now - when reading homework was at least a couple hours of day and not a few chapters. Those were good times).

Besides the fact I Am Number Four has probably landed a record for "On TBR List for Longest Time EVER," it has a unique plot, storyline, etc (at least in my humble booky life). If I remember correctly (and let me tell you this fact right then and there. I watched it when it came out. And that was 2 years ago. Please dismiss my mishaps here and there, but feel free to correct me as you please), I liked the movie better than the book. But who doesn't like seeing books coming to life on the big screen? (This is coming from someone who rarely watches movies... besides a handful, which I won't name, unless you want me to).

I was hooked from the very first page, or at least the prologue and a little bit after. Then I kinda went "meh..." for awhile until about 3/4 into the story (wherever the action starts. Must be me and love for action, eh? That's probable). In a few parts throughout the story, it was pretty predictable on what was going to happen next. Hence, something bad is going to happen here, or something good will happen there... according to context clues (at least in my opinion).

The romance between the John and Sarah was not rushed (which is a good thing), however, where's the panic when you find out your --------- is from another planet? I probably would've ran away by then. Or maybe not. But there had to be at least some sort of... er, "HOLY MONKEYS, YOU'RE A WHAT?!?!?! :O :O :O" type of thing going on there that I was hoping to see a bit of, but didn't (explanation on monkeys... I think they're cooler than cows. :p).

Now while I liked the movie better, I think I need to go do some movie hunting on Netflix for awhile for the full confirmation and huge refresher before I make any assumptions. I probably won't give any details though... but feel free to discuss in the comments whether you liked the movie or the book and so on. :)