bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) - Kami Garcia,  Margaret Stohl Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Note: Formatting is lost due to copy and paste

Before Reading:
I'm apparently scared of reading this.

Why?

I don't exactly have the prettiest picture (and words) about the prior books in the series, aside from Book 3, Beautiful Chaos. And I don't plan to say anything about them, so please spare me by not asking (really, I'd like to keep my thoughts about the first two books to myself... thanks).

But I still chose to finish off the series. I don't really know why. I think it was the cliffhanger from book 3 and I want to know what happens to Ethan after you know what. O_o

I hope I don't regret it... *cues the 'something is about to happen' music*

After Reading:
If I made it this far and finished it completely, then I think survived.

Was it as bad as I feared it would be, that I wouldn't be able to finish it like the first two books?

No. In fact, it was good. A whole lot better.

How much better?

A lot. I don't really know how much, but it was a lot. *phew*

I think it was Ethan's mom and Link that told me to keep reading. Maybe it's their personality, because Link, for some reason, has always been one of my favorite characters in terms of humor. I also liked hearing Lena's thoughts – definitely kept me from throwing a book at the wall (can ebooks be thrown across the room? I don't think my parents will be happy if I did that, virtual or not. In fact, I'm already clumsy enough. CRASH*). Or maybe it was her poems.

Unfortunately, I probably should have paid much more attention while reading the first two books. There were some things that I needed refreshing on... but chose not to because I don't think I can bear going through rereading it again, or even doing a really quick one or two days 'Skim-n-Read-a-thon.'

Do I regret giving the rest of The Caster Chronicles a chance after being bored to death with the first two books?

Nope. I think I'm pretty glad I gave the rest of the series a chance. They did say third time's the charm, right? I think this applies. ;)

* – No one, including the reviewer, was hurt in the process of writing the review for Beautiful Redemption. In fact, that was just for emphasis. :p