bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
Dracian Legacy (Dracian, # 1) - Priya Kanaparti Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Formatting and pictures are lost due to copy and paste
Disclaimer: I received this copy from the author for free to review for the blog tour. This does not influence my review in any way

I might be called horrible for making you guys wait so long (er, since February 24...) for my thoughts to come out but... it's March 15. Thoughts about the book can now come out. ^_^

Have I mentioned I hate books that are full of gushy romances throughout the entire story? I probably have. Sometime earlier this month. But I'll leave that for you to ponder on what the title is. >:) Maybe you already know. But... Dracian Legacy is full of gushy romances. Oh wait, not gushy. Swoon-worthy. Along with a few others that makes it... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-awesomous.

What can I say? I like romances (YA though) with a bit of other elements, especially action. Hence why I liked Divergent (at least the 1st of the trilogy) and many other YA books that are similar so much (with a few exceptions).

But what makes Dracian Legacy so... awesome in it's own way? It's unique, the main character (Ren) is completely believable with her thoughts and emotions, the writing style is just bleeping amazing, and the cover, is awesome. Talk about awesomous rolled into a bookrito. Apparently I didn't read it until around February, so you should probably hear about the hoopla that was going on in Twitterland. Let's just say I was in "good hands" with all the tweets popping here and there *holds up famous All-State motto*.

I pretty much finished it in about a week. Definitely less than my typical 3-4 weeks of reading a book. Which landed in the Top 3 Books I Finished Fastest In All Time. I think I've done enough babbling, right? Or am I seeing tiny invisible popcorn all over the blog? ;p

Anyhoo... does Tyler, by any chance to Iron Fey fans reading this or have read it, remind you of Puck? Not really, but his overall character throughout Dracian Legacy. I couldn't think of a better prankster/joker. Of course... Tyler can't exactly beat Puck. Anything worse than a Donkey Head exist yet in A Midsummer Night's Dream? Nope... not that I remember. But Shakespeare isn't there to change it. Puck still gains upper hand there. Sorry Tyler. :p

I personally thought the banters between Dean and Ren were cute. Apparently the best idea is in the epilogue (not my idea...). I also though Dimitri reminded me of a certain Russian dude in another series...

After the "torturous" last few chapters, (oh hey, cliffhangers are torturous. You literally have to wait for the sequel... not that I really mind...) I have a lot of predictions about a few of the characters already. What I'm scared of? I'll hit bull's eye dead on. Or close to it. Dx Should I list them? No way... just no way... I'll just leave the rest of you to ponder on what my possible predictions might be. x)

By the way... as I tweeted this out once, I rather say it again:

Yea... not for little kids. Don't say I didn't warn you... because I just did.