bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #4) - Cameron Jace Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Disclaimer: I received this copy from the author for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any way.

*Formatting may be lost due to copy and paste.

I think Ladle Rat Rotten Hut had the best twist, and maybe also the scariest (though it wasn’t very scary), out of all the sequels I've read so far, even if it combines two of them (I thought there were 3). It was also a better job in combining multiple fairy tales than the last one I read. While staring at the title before reading it, I was extremely inquisitive why the author would use a strange title.

I never figured it out until later in the story, when Red goes on her first journey following her mother's footsteps and meets a wolf boy relaxing (so it seems) and reading a book. She later finds out who she really is, along what her mother and grandmother really are. I'm really surprised with what the grandmother really is, though that seemed to be hinted throughout the story. It didn't give it fully away until the second we actually do find out.

What I really liked was the creative way with the English language Mr. Jace uses throughout the story. But maybe I should also thank the original creator of it... which I'll leave anonymous for the rest of you to ponder on (unless you know it already).