bookwyrmingthoughts

Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
The Eslites - C.M. Doporto Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts
Original Rating: 4.5

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any way.

This review was originally intended to be posted on Monday. Due to internet problems (it does get pretty annoying, lol), the review has been postponed till today. Many apologies if you were expecting to somehow appear on Goodreads or on here on Monday.

Anyhoo, this was a quick read, which I managed to finish Sunday night. I find it very enjoyable, and much different from other stories (distinctly speaking). The cover is magnifo (it means gorgeous). ^_^

Imagine that every female between the ages 14 through 25 go through testing due to an alliance with a race known as the Eslites and if you passed? Well... it isn't exactly something a 14 year old would want to go through (I wouldn't want to either... lol) or any teen in the matter of speaking (talk about force O_o).

Miranda, as the main character/heroine of the story is described as stubborn, hard-headed and a rebel. She doesn't show much of being a rebel here, but I do think there are hints of her rebellious nature here and there throughout the story.

We also have Dimas, our menacing leader of a villain. Out of curiosity, is it just me or is there almost always at least one character, good or bad, that we just find... bleh? Anyhoo, Dimas is a very creepy figure (my opinion there... he might not be creepy to others) who's desperate to save his race (and who can blame him? I just wish he wasn't disturbing... kinda).

Overall, I find it a great read with uniquely distinct differences from the usual story. I do hope there's more to it though. It seems to have the potential of being a great series. :)