bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder  (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #2) - Cameron Jace Original Review posted at Bookwyrming Thoughts.

Note: Part of The Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6. Reviewing the prequels separately.

Disclaimer: I recieved this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any way.

Like I said in my review for Snow White Blood Red* last week, I'm a sucker for fairy tales. I don't think I want to repeat it again... unless I want everyone to think I'm a broken record. But I'll mention once more that I haven't read the original Grimm Fairy Tales, so please don't assume I'll know anything about it other than the fact that they were not very pretty (read: gruesome).

Here we have Alice Grimm, a seventeen-year-old living a dangerously enchanted life, being a descendant of the Brothers Grimm, trying to locate the real Cinderella and help her. It leads to an eight centuries dead witch in Venice, Italy, with seventeen glass slippers. We also have dreamhunter Loki Blackstar, who apparently is as arrogant as me doing something really stupid (or maybe just me breaking the stove) and not realizing it until later. Way later.

Anyhoo, I kinda think the editing process was a bit more rushed here than it was in the first prequel. Some, I'll probably assume it's an accidental typo (after all... we do make them at least once in our lifetime, if not, more)... but some... not exactly. There was one that would've left the reader confused though.

What I really found helpful were the Author's Notes at the end of the prequel. For a person who apparently doesn't know her facts very well, it explained a lot of concepts used in the story to avoid confusion in most cases. What I find most memorable from the prequel is the Twilight connection there... ;)

Overall, I really enjoyed this short read, and I'm actually curious (really curious) about the very last sentence.

*Link leads to Goodreads version of review