bookwyrmingthoughts

Senshi
Cole Gibsen
Scarlette
Davonna Juroe
The Children and The Blood (The Children and the Blood, #1) - Megan Joel Peterson Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Note: Formatting has been lost due to copy and paste.

Disclaimer: A copy was provided for free by the author for the blog tour in exchange for an honest review. The review is not influenced in any way.

Ever since most of her family had been killed eight years ago, Ashley's life has been peaceful living on a farm with no memory of her childhood years. Until one night, everything all changes and Ashley finds out about a war she never knew about.

What I Liked:

~ Practically Flawless – aside from one or two little errors, it's edited down to "almost" perfection (I would say it without the quotes, but there's always room for revising... :p).
~ Unique Storyline – usually when it comes down to magic and wizards or witches, there's always that Harry Potter style to it somewhere: a magical school, a villain wanting to take over the world (okay, that's probably not the right reason for me to use), and whatnot. Although The Children and the Blood does have a few things similar, but overall, the storyline's unique.

What I Didn't Like:

~ The Cliffhanger – It felt like a cliffhanger, but it didn't feel like one. It just didn't have this powerful impact that's makes me go "I need to know what happens next!!!" *jumps up and down impatiently like a [energizer] bunny* and then suffering (not really) for the next few months until the next book comes out. "OMG, You're going to make me wait that long? You gotta be kidding me!" Nope... not exactly there.
~ The Prologue – I somehow have a zillion (okay, not a zillion) questions about the prologue, even after finishing The Children and the Blood. I'm a tad bit lost there (perhaps summer has taken a toll on my brain and I need to go back to school to untangle myself from the lost web).

Overall Thoughts: The Children and the Blood is a well-polished story that has a unique take to the wizarding world. And even though there wasn't much of a cliffhanger, I do look forward to seeing what Ashley will be up to in the next book.